Tax Payers Checklist

What To Bring

Please review the following list carefully before you visit us to ensure that you have all of the required documents needed to complete your Federal tax return:

Your Social Security card, Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or an accurate record of either number.

If you’re filing a joint tax return with your spouse and/or you’re claiming a dependency exemption for someone, or claiming the Earned Income Tax Credit, you’ll need to bring accurate records of those Social Security Numbers or ITINs, as well. (Accurate Social Security numbers are extremely important to ensure your tax return gets processed as quickly as possible — which will speed up your receipt of any tax refund you may be expecting)

Current Photo Identification such as a driver’s license

Your spouse, if filing a joint tax return

Federal tax return package, if you received one in your mailbox

All Forms W-2, Wage and Tax Statement, from all your employers for the year 2020. If you’re filing a joint tax return, you’ll need all your spouse’s Forms W-2 as well

Any and all Forms 1099 you (and your spouse if filing jointly) received. Form 1099 reports various types of income received (such as interest, dividends, unemployment compensation, social security, state tax refunds, etc.)

A copy of your last year’s federal and state tax returns, if you kept copies

A copy of any year-end bank account statements showing any interest earned

A copy of any educational expenses paid to a qualified educational institution(including tuition/mandatory fees and interest paid on student loans)If you believe you may be able to “itemize your deductions” to reduce your taxes, bring lists, statements, bills, or receipts of your expenses for out of pocket medical and dental, property taxes, auto vehicle registration, home mortgage interest, casualty losses, charitable contributions, and other miscellaneous expenses

If you itemized deductions in the previous year (Schedule A), the amount of state tax refund you received (Form 1099-G)

Tax ID numbers of the provider(s), Social Security or Federal ID numbers for any child care provided: Child and Dependent Care Credit

A bank account and routing number if selecting a direct deposit (refund) or direct debit (balance due). Please have a copy of a check with you so that we can ensure that the routing and account numbers are accurate. Your Deposit slips do not always have the same number as your checking account and cannot be used. If electronically filing, direct deposit refunds take 8-10 business days, versus 30-45 days for a paper check

If you are filing an amended return to correct a return that has been previously filed, a copy of the original return submitted and any of the above documents that you are correcting.

When you visit us, we will discuss your situation, examine all your forms carefully, perform a thorough diagnose and start working on a tax solution that is right for you; and one that will give you a MAXIMUM REFUND! We would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service in the industry.

CALL OUR OFFICE TODAY so we can schedule an appointment for you to come in and meet with one of our trained income tax staff members for a free tax evaluation.

Get Directions

3939 US Highway 80 Suite #455 Mesquite, TX 75150

3939 US Highway 80 Suite #455 Mesquite, TX 75150